By accessing and using this website and/or registering with www.durance-uk.com you are agreeing and consenting to be bound by the practices detailed in this policy, which may be amended from time to time in accordance with any changes to our information collection/practices or regulatory requirements. Any new policy will automatically take effect once published on the website.
Your privacy and security are taken very seriously, so we ensure that any and all of your personal information collected is treated in accordance with the applicable data protection laws in the UK. The below sets out the basis on which any personal data we obtain from you, or that you provide to use, will be processed by us.
Please read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal data and how we will treat it.
We obtain information from you when you type in your personal details (i.e. when placing an order or making an enquiry etc.). We also collect data automatically as you use our website.
The information we collect from you is dependent on the activities you are carrying out on our website. We may collect the following data from you:
- Your contact details – required to fulfil purchases e.g. name, address, telephone number and email addresses.
- Your purchase information e.g. credit card details – exclusively processed by our payments gateway Stripe, PayPal & Klarna (Terms & Conditions ‘Security Policy’) – we do not see or hold your credit card details.
- Any recent online activity on our website, related to products/transactions even if they have not been completed – including and not limited to duration of visit, products viewed/searched, basket abandonments – as well as information from cookies.
- We may sometimes ask you to take part in surveys that we use for research purposes, to improve customer experience – although you are not obliged to respond to them.
The main purposes for collecting and storing certain personal information are as follows:
- Order processing;
- Product delivery;
- Payment authorisation and billing;
- Product promotions/offers;
- Website improvements.
You can view and change your personal details held by us by logging in to your account, if you have made one.
You may also contact us directly to find out this information. We will contact you with marketing content where relevant. If at any time you wish to stop receiving our newsletter or offers, you can click the unsubscribe link included in the footer of every email campaign sent. Alternatively, you can contact us directly at email@example.com to request removal.
We will never sell your personal information onto third parties, but we do share customer information with third parties to fulfil orders and improve our services as detailed below:
- Courier Service in order to fulfil purchase deliveries;
- Stripe and PayPal to process and authorise card payments, completing orders securely;
- Mailchimp to maintain our newsletter subscribers and generate purposeful marketing content.
By purchasing on the website, you are consenting to us sharing the necessary personal information with these third parties to process your order as stated, to banks, credit card companies and couriers. Some of these selected third parties may be in countries outside of the United Kingdom.
In order to protect against fraudulent use of credit cards, we carry out security checks on all orders. These can take numerous forms and may involve contacting you via telephone or email before your order is successfully processed, our shopping cart system is fully secure with 128 bit SSL certification, and conforms to certified PCI regulations.
Payment methods are either via PayPal or Stripe, our 3rd party card payment gateway. No data relating to electronic payments is passed through, or stored by us.